compensation: $75-120k/year DOE employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Hiring an Accounting Manager in Oxnard, CA!
Position Title: Accounting Manager
Responsible for: Business critical position requiring effective interaction with all levels of management. Hands-on management in all aspects of the finance department including, inventory, P/R, A/R, A/P, and general accounting. Supervision of a Staff Accountant, Cost Accountant, and AP Administrator.
Essential functions of the position include, but are not limited to:
• Assists with the preparation and review of the weekly payroll process
• Assists with monthly closing, financial reporting and analysis in a compressed 3-day reporting schedule
• Prepare monthly analytical report on spending analysis and working capital
• Analyze budget vs actual performance and detail account reconciliations, including inventory, capital expenditures, and fixed assets
• Develop forecasts and partner with the management team to create a detailed annual plan consistent with company objectives
• Assists with the preparation of financial data for quarterly business unit presentations and mid-year review
• Monitor operational activities for compliance with internal control procedures and SOX requirements.
• Coordination of all external and internal audit activities including timely submission of all audit, tax, and compliance requests as required
• Review and approve all sales and property tax returns
• Responsible for the training and development of all Finance team members, including analyzing workload and streamlining processes
• Assist in systems implementation
• Special projects as required
• BS/BA degree from a four-year college in Accounting or Finance. CPA a plus
• 7-10 years of progressive accounting experience and 3 or more years in a management role
• Must have in-depth professional knowledge of accounting concepts, manufacturing systems, cost accounting and financial planning methods
• Preferred experience in high mix/low volume manufacturing environment
• Problem solving, critical thinking, and creativity skills are essential
• Strong work ethic, high standards for work product, honesty, and integrity
• Must be a self-motivated individual who is capable and motivating leader
• Excellent PC skills including a fully integrated ERP system, Excel, Power Point, and other MS Office applications
• Excellent oral and written communications
Please send resume for consideration.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers