compensation: $38,812.80 to $47,174.40 employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
About the Position
Public Works Worker I is part of a career series for Public Works Worker I (Trainee), II, III and Public Works Leadworker. Classes in this series perform a wide variety of unskilled, semi-skilled and skilled work in all phases of maintenance, repair and construction of roads, flood control, and other County public works facilities; and do other related work as required.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will have knowledge of tools and materials commonly used in road, flood control and other public works maintenance work, as well as operation of gasoline/ diesel-powered equipment.
In addition, candidates must possess the ability to:
• Read and write English at a level required for successful job performance;
• Mechanical aptitude;
• Do work relating to the maintenance, repair, and construction of roads, including tree and traffic facilities, bridges, flood control and other public works facilities;
• Do heavy and manual labor;
• Follow oral and written directions;
• Keep simple records;
• Work cooperatively with others;
• Learn to perform duties of higher level positions.
Public Works Worker I (Trainee): No experience is required.
NOTE: A valid driver's license is required at the time of application. A valid CALIFORNIA driver's license is required at the time of appointment and must be maintained throughout employment.