compensation: Depending on experience 2 -5 years employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
The Freudenberg Group, a global technology group with 48,000 employees in some 60 countries, develops leading-edge technologies, and excellent products, solutions and services for more than 30 market segments. Freudenberg & Co. Kommanditgesellschaft, with its Headquarter in Weinheim, is the strategic parent company of the broadly diversified Group. Freudenberg Medical is a leading global manufacturer of components for medical devices, complex catheter systems for minimally invasive surgery and total solutions for the biotech, healthcare and pharmaceutical industries.
Freudenberg Medical is a global leader in medical contract manufacturing we offer the following services for medical device, pharmaceutical and IVD clients worldwide: product design and development, silicone and thermoplastic molding and extrusion, complex catheter systems, assembly, packaging, and engineering services.
For nearly 30 years, medical device and healthcare companies around the world have looked to Freudenberg Medical to make a difference as the custom manufacturer medical industry leaders can trust. We operate FDA-registered, ISO 13485 certified medical device facilities with Class 7 & 8 cleanrooms. Freudenberg Medical maintains design and manufacturing centers in California, Indiana, Massachusetts, Costa Rica, Europe and Asia.
Location: Carpinteria, CA
We are currently hiring for a Human Resource Administrator who is:
• Passionate about helping others and implementing efficiencies in the Human Resources department.
• Dependable, energetic and service oriented to focus on our associates in manufacturing.
• Willing to continuously learn and is open to development and taking on new projects.
• Self-motivated and thrives in a fast –paced, team-driven, “lean” systems environment, where every day brings new projects and challenges.
• Review biweekly payroll for non-exempt associates and monthly payroll for exempt associates, including preparing and reviewing payroll data utilizing the HRIS
• Maintain and update the HRIS including adding new associates, new hire processing and updating salary and accounting changes
• Maintain I-9 tracking system, EEOC filing, and other compliance items
• Track vacation, quarterly awards, HR training, and time off requests and assist supervisory and managerial associates with related issues
• Create, update, and maintain all personnel files in compliance with applicable federal and state rules and regulations
• Administer benefit programs by, regularly generating communication and counseling employees/dependents as situations arise. Resolves employee complaints related to health and welfare plans and refer difficult or very complex complaints to manager as needed
• Process and file all terminated employee records
• Assist and generate HR reporting metrics and end of month reports
• Track, maintain and monitor leave of absence and workers compensation claims including documentation in accordance with state and federal laws
• Assist Facilities department in coordinating safety activities and programs such as new hire safety training, updating OSHA records, participating in the safety committee, and implementing safety improvements
• Drive a culture of appreciation by administering employee recognition programs and planning company events and activities
• Bachelor’s degree in business or related discipline or equivalent experience.
• A minimum of 2 to 5 years of experience processing payroll and general human resources activities preferably in a manufacturing environment.
• Ability to present information to a small group
• Knowledge of the principles and practices of human resources and payroll administration and familiarly with federal and state labor and employment laws and regulations
• Proficiency in Word, Excel, Power Point, Payroll and HRIS systems
• Maintain a friendly, positive and approachable demeanor in all situations
• Trustworthy, discrete and a high degree of personal integrity to maintain sensitive and confidential information
• Strong analytical problem solving skills. Excellent negotiation and customer service skills
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute projects / tasks in a high-pressure environment while balancing multiple projects and adhering to strict deadlines
• Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to clearly convey information and ideas to diverse audiences
• Flexible, open to change and accepting of new unique projects or responsibilities
• Desire to continuously learn and stay current on laws, rules, regulations and trends affecting the human resources field
It’s an exciting time to work at Freudenberg Medical. We know our ability to succeed depends upon the people we employ. Leading-edge technology, the highest standards, and outstanding people make Freudenberg Medical the employer of choice in this industry. We offer a competitive salary plus a full range of benefits including medical, dental and vision insurance, as well as 401K Match. Learn more at www.freudenbergmedical.com.