employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
The company is a Faith Based non-profit organization that has been serving the less fortunate in Southern California through emergency and long-term rehabilitation services. They partners with local churches to meet the spiritual needs of the people they serve. The Administration provides centralized Finance, Information Technology, Donor Development, Mission Support and Operations services.
The Human Resources Generalist provides Human Resource services to thier internal customers, as part of the Human Resources Team, including safety, benefits,
recordkeeping, and various personnel transactions. This is a regular, full-time, non-exempt position located in Oxnard at Corporate Headquarters and reports to the Human Resources Manager. Compensation is commensurate with skills and experience.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Recruiting, Hiring, Onboarding
· Assist in marketing job postings
· Assist in creating and revising job descriptions
· Update the website & recruitment websites with current job postings.
· Assist with administering pre-employment requirements
· Create personnel files for all New Hires
· Completing New Hire Orientations with New Hires
· Scan & upload New Hire paperwork into ADP HRIS System (WorkForceNow)
· Assist employees with Benefit enrollment and/or changes.
· Maintain records according to HIPAA guidelines.
· Communicate & update Benefits broker regarding benefit-related issues and/or employment changes (i.e. eligibility, termination, billing, discrepancies, rate changes,
· Communicate with TPA regarding retirement plan issues (i.e. address changes, contact requests, enrollments and other transactions).
· Complete various reports, research and memos as assigned.
· Assist employees with Leave of Absences requests.
· Provide guidance and recommendations to Management and Employees
· Consistently seek to improve employee relations? practices, and resolve disputes through implementing conflict resolution practices and promoting their Mission, Vision & Values.
· Assist Management with performance evaluations and other documentation.
· Promote Safety Programs and in alignment with the Injury and Illness Prevention Program (IIPP) and Smith Systems policies and procedures, model safe work
· Research and answer general HR related questions.
· Maintain HR records in accordance with RMA and legal requirements, both electronically & hardcopy.
· Perform other duties and projects assigned by the Human Resources Manager.
· Assist in other areas of Human Resources as needed.
· Other responsibilities as assigned by Management.
There are no employees reporting to this position at this time.
· Bachelor?s Degree, preferably in a related field
· Minimum of 1-3 years work experience in Human Resources
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and general office equipment.
· Valid Driver?s License and insurable under the comany.
· Bilingual (English/Spanish)
· Excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Ability to work at all levels in organization and with diverse work groups.
· Strong interpersonal skills.
· Strong time management, project management and organizational skills.
· Microsoft Office - Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint; Internet Browsers
· ADP Workforce Now
· Sitting and working with computers for extended periods of time.
· Occasionally lifting boxes weighing up to 30 lbs.
· Standing outside for extended periods of time during events.
· Maintain a clean and safe work environment, free of clutter and safety hazards.
Basic office equipment, such as computers, copiers, and printers.
This position will function to a large degree in an office environment. As a part of normal duties this position will also be in facilities with an at-risk population where errant behavior and disease risk may be present. Appropriate safety considerations will be required to avoid illness or injury.
Volt is an Equal Opportunity Employer
*Client is a Non Profit Faith Based organization exempt from EEOC Religious Preference.
Live chat with a recruiter: https://flashrecruit.com/jobs/558089