favorite this postQuality Assurance Coordinator (Bilingual English/Spanish) (Oxnard)hide this posting
compensation: TBD employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
QA Coordinator Job Description
While under direction of the Plant Manager, the QA Coordinator, has the primary duty of monitoring product quality and assisting in 3rd Party Audits or State/Federal Inspections. This role involves monitoring product quality and reporting issues associated with product quality.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Routine analysis of finished product and raw materials
· Oversee Master Environmental Program and Pathogen Environmental Program
· Sending samples to outside lab (pathogens, coliform verification)
· Sensory Testing of finished product.
· Verification of chemical titrations, sanitizer concentration
· Assist Plant Manager in root cause analysis and corrective actions
· Verifying records in compliance with regulations and company protocol
· Responsible for product holding and release procedures with management
· Maintaining QA Lab Cleanliness and Inventory.
· Update current QA lab procedures.
· Assist in documenting and investigating production incidents
· Internal Auditing of GMP's and HACCP
· Assist with the company HACCP program implementation, training, and recording
· Assist in keeping all packaging and ingredient records in compliance with regulations
· Responsible for executing product hold and release in collaboration with management
· Report on company quality performance
· Make sure GMPs, general organization, hygiene and cleaning & sanitation procedures are followed; being able to talk to people about issues and communicate problems to Plant Manager.
· Provide Training regarding GMP, HACCP, Cleaning & sanitation
· Bachelor's degree in Food Science, Microbiology or related field.
· Must be proficient in using Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word and Microsoft PowerPoint
· Able to perform basic mathematical calculations and analyses
· Ability to interpret lab results
· Comfortable and effective in problem solving, dynamic, innovative, organized and detail oriented
· Must also have excellent communication skills, work under deadline and be able to multi-task
- Fluent in Spanish, preferred
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in regular office conditions, a laboratory environment, food production, inside cooler/freezer or in warehouse. The employee occasionally lifts and/or moves up to 20 lbs. Works comfortably in variable temperature environment.
Hours: 7 AM - 4:00 PM; This role will require off-shift and weekend coverage as needed.