compensation: $19.00+ DOE with mileage reimbursement employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
R&D Transportation Services, Inc. (R&D) is a transportation management and consulting firm for over 25 years. Although not a direct transportation service provider, R&D coordinates with vendors to ensure that they operate safe, reliable, and efficient transportation services for people with developmental and/or physical disabilities.
We are looking for a full time Quality Assurance Specialist who will perform field work in Ventura County, Santa Barbara County and surrounding areas.
R&D’s Quality Assurance Department is responsible for oversight of the field operations of the many transportation vendors that are contracted by our customers to provide transportation. The department must ensure contractual compliance with service standards for safety and quality. R&D’s Quality Assurance (QA) Specialist is the liaison between our customer, passengers, families, day programs, and transportation vendors.
The QA Specialist position is responsible for vendor audits, driver trainings, investigating incident reports, monitoring efficiencies in the field, and providing technical assistance to service providers as needed. Thus, effective communication both internally and externally is an essential part of the position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to the following:
* Monitor vendor performance to ensure safety, reliability, and effective transportation that is in compliance with Regional Center contracts
* Conduct transportation vendors’ quarterly service audit to monitor operational expectations such as:
Vehicle insurance requirements, driver credentials, hiring and training procedures,
* Generate audit findings and recommendations to correct deficient areas with timelines for corrective action.
Driver Training Workshops
* Conduct monthly driver training workshops to educate vendors regarding driver and attendant responsibilities, proper procedures related to behavior management, passenger sensitivity, safety, and quality service delivery.
* Educate drivers, attendants, support/administrative staff regarding operational requirements, Special Incident Reporting, and other vendor expectations.
Special Incident Reports
* Investigate, document, and submit records to appropriate parties within required timelines.
* Follow established procedures to address and resolve the reported service issue(s).
* Ensure that all reported incidents are appropriately documented through established protocols.
Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
College degree preferred. Related experience in transportation services and/or with developmental disabilities desired. Combination of education and experience may be considered. Comprehensive passenger-transportation operations background is preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
1. Excellent attention to detail, communication and organizational skills.
2. Exceptional confidentiality, organizational and prioritization skills.
3. Strong objective/critical thinking and problem solving skills
4. Knowledge of State and Federal governing transportation laws and regulations.
5. Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Excel and Outlook.
A valid driver's license, vehicle and proof of insurance are required. Position requires use of personal vehicle for business purposes. Company will reimburse for business miles. Regular travel is required within the designated service region.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or moved up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception. Reasonable accommodations may be made.
When conducting vendor audits, vehicle inspections and conducting program visits, the employee is exposed to outside weather conditions, and occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and fumes or airborne particles. When in the office, such exposures are not involved in the work.
For a complete job description and to submit your resume please go to the link: RandDTransportationInc.appone.com or www.rdtsi.com
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers